By Ross Lafferty

Arthurlie 8-0 Lugar Boswell Thistle

It was trophy day at Dunterlie Park and the fans were not to be disappointed as WoSFL Conference A Champions Arthurlie ran riot in the sun.

Andy McFadyen’s men ran out comprehensive 8-0 winners in a fitting prelude to them receiving their championship trophy and continue their incredible unbeaten run.

Lugar had started brightly too and spent most of the early stages pushing forward but rarely threatened James Scott’s goal.

The visitors had definitely come to spoil the party and the champions were slow in getting started.

Darren Ramsey had the first effort on goal for the home side but his cross-come-shot was pushed away by the Lugar goalie and Gary Carroll couldn’t get his header from the rebound on target.

Arthurlie were pushing by the time the half got to it’s midway point and Lee Roulston tried his luck from distance but saw his shot deflected well wide.

But on 27 minutes Dale Simeon made no mistake in front of goal, scoring with a brave header at the far post after a cross from the right.

And five minutes later that lead was doubled with another header. Darren Ramsay sent a corner over from the left and Mick MacNeil rose high to powet home from six yards.

It was only five minutes later than ‘Lie then had a third, Simeon turning home another Roulston cross from the right.

On 47 minutes Tam McGaughey was looking to get in on the action having earlier replaced Gary Carroll from the bench, but his free kick from 20 yards narrowly went over the bar.

Aaron Healy was another substitute introduced into the action, replacing Kris Amponsah at half time, and he played a key role in the fourth goal, on the hour mark.

Healy picked up the ball on the left wing and threaded a perfect pass into the box for Simeon, who took a perfect first touch before slotting home from an angle to complete his hat-trick.

Simeon nearly claimed a fourth two minutes later, running on to another Healy pass, but his attempted dink over the onrushing keeper was just too high and missed the target.

But a minute later Arthurlie had their fifth and it was an emotional goal for many. Conor Bradley, who was badly injured earlier in the season, was brought down in the box and the left back grabbed the ball to convert the kick himself.

And just a minute later, they added a sixth, Simeon picking up a Roulston pass before rounding the goalkeeper and slotting home.

With 8 minutes to go, Healy grabbed the seventh, Simeon unselfishly playing the ball across goal to him when one-on-one with the goalie and allowing the youngster an easy tap-in.

On the stroke of full time, Simeon completed the scoring, adding his own fifth with a stunning strike into the top corner from 15 yards.

Arthurlie team: Scott, Dunsmore, Bradley, Pearce (McLachlan 55) MacNeil, Roulston, Ramsay, Leyden, Simeon, Amponsah (Healy 46) Carroll (c) (McGaughey 43)

Subs: Gebbie, Mackay, Nolan, MacLeod, Black (GK)